Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Great Photo



Danseuse de French Cancan, c1930 (Murray Korman)
Reblogged from the Tumblr pages of Laura McPhee who has assembled a wonderful collection of museum quality female images from the 1920s through the 1970s, predominantly in black and white. Worth a visit! 
 http://lauramcphee.tumblr.com/post/61628376034/danseuse-de-french-cancan-c1930-murray-korman

http://lauramcphee.tumblr.com/
This photo is the work of Murray Korman. It's a fantastic image. I'm not able to identify the dancer to any particular show - Moulin Rouge, Bal Tabarin, etc. 
The photo is on offer at auction.fr: 
I have reblogged this already at Tumblr, but it is such a nice classic image that I thought it belonged here too.

The pose reminds me of one of the "Bal Tabarin" set from several decades earlier:


1 comment:

  1. How do I love this picture? Let me count the ways:

    1) The dancer is cute as hell.
    2) Both the pose and the expression on her face are equal parts coy, playful, and inviting.
    3) The costume is nonpareil.

    A lovely find.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.