I am Antonio, and I have been a "fan of the can" for most of my life. I was thrilled to find this site, every sort of permutation of the classic Can-Can I have found here. Hopefully you can show a new member around and help me get to know what this group and it's members are all about. I appreciate it, and Thank You for welcoming me in.
Hi Antonio and welcome to the Group. This site is one of several devoted to the Cancan in all its forms. This site focuses on the cancan from the 1930's through the 1960's. The main group, where most of the discussion takes place, is a Yahoo Group called Cancan Dancing. Its URL is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cancandancing/ The other groups are at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/laceandgarters/ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lechahut/ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/quadrillenaturaliste/ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cancanfavorites/ Please take a moment to join these groups, particularly Cancan Dancing. If you want to get a flavor of the Groups, go to Cancan Dancing and read back through the messages. A lot of them have links to sites where you can find photos and drawings of the cancan. Others will discuss a particular topic of interest or an upcoming performance. Once again, we are glad to have you in the group and will welcome your contributions and ideas. Barbebleu
ReplyDeleteThanks for the warm welcome! As a token of my appreciation, here is a sweet shot I took in July of 2003 at the French Festival in Santa Barbara, California.
ReplyDeleteAttachment: 00560005.jpg
Antonio, Thank you for the French Festival photo. Very nice. I always like the live action shots at a venue like this. I wish I had more opportunities to take some myself. Keep up the good work. Barbebleu
ReplyDeleteThanks, I'll see what other shots I get. I'm going to the Comic-Con in San Diego again this year. Who knows, I may see some cosplay and get a few "special" poses or upskirt shots. Not exactly can-can, but a suitable substitution if you get my drift.
ReplyDelete