CCD's Classic Cancan Archive. Black and White Cancan Photography from the Golden Age. This specialist gallery brings together the spellbinding work of professional photographers who documented the Cancan during its glory days; from the early thirties through to the late 1960s. Contributions always welcome; Black and White material please.
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Silk Stockings
Three very pleasing cheesecake images of a model in a cancan-esque pose adjusting her stockings and playing with her crinoline. The photos appear to be from the 1920s. I reblogged a sepia version of the first image at my Tumblr site from the blog of treadmill-to-oblivion. Here I have tried to sharpen it a bit. The other two are from this site's photo archives.
I don't know the identities of the photographer or the model. It is the type of thing the Yva Richard Studio might have done, and the model resembles a younger Ms. Richard. Judge for yourself. Here are some similar Yva Richard photos for comparison:
Links:
http://treadmill-to-oblivion.tumblr.com/post/46750159790/in-your-easter-bonnet
http://www.pettipond.com/laterimages/images_z/amnorda381.jpg
http://classiccancan.blogspot.com/2013/07/coming-and-going-in-paris.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.